Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 P LSC Minor DDO Change Find

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 306Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1547 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  7:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I saw another coin similar to this posted recently, not sure if it is a DDO or a working die but definitely has extra thickness on LIBERTY. I apologize for the pictures. What do you think?

Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Willburton.... In the 2nd pic, the right branch of the Y appears to have greater thickness than the left branch. The 3rd pic I see possible separation on the left branch of the Y and possible notching at the bottom left of the T & Y.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4838 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good to me. You going to try to list it? Cool find!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Pillar of the Community
United States
1547 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Yea possibly list it. Who should I send it to? Wexlers?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4838 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably. Issue right now is with CONECAs new system and new attributers I'm not sure how smoothly it will go or if they are even listing right now. And I'm not sure if wexler is accepting submissions in light of his health recently. If you do end up sending to wexler and it goes through, that would be a good sign for us to start sending some stuff in.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Wilburton. I would send it to Wexler.
BTW, please take a look at the 2000D LSC I posted today and let me know your thoughts as to whether it might be a new DDR. Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, it is a 2020D LSC I posted earlier today.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't even seen a 2021 coin in circulation yet.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38499 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like a minor DDO. Also looks like a finger print on the obverse, acetone asap.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1547 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys I may try to submit it. And John 1 I'm pretty sure that coin was shining when I got it. I think that's either mine or the wife's fingerprint. In acetone she goes.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to have an image of the full Liberty so I can make a side by side. I don't recall any DDO with incuse marks on some of the TY area? They are usually enlarged/distorted. So to give my honest opinion, I need to see a side by side to see if the devices are enlarged or if some are altered. That way I can see for sure what it looks like next to a normal coin. Then I will know more.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1547 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok coop. Give me a few. The shield cents are more difficult for me to get pictures of but not busy atm.

Again the pictures aren't as good as I'd like( I've ordered an adapter for my microscope so I can transfer photos from it to my laptop and will have better pictures in the future).

Edited by Willburton
04/06/2021 8:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2121 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Congrats Will.
Looks like extra thickness and notching on the lower left of RTY to me.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05