Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Pretty Sure I Found A 1956 DDO! Can You Confirm?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 200Next Topic  

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  2:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Numismatiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey again,

I'm pretty sure this is the 1956 DDO, do you agree?

Is it worth getting graded? If anyone has rec's for what error coins have previously sold for, would love to hear them :)

Thanks in advance!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just an example of a worn out die that struck your coin. The reason the devices are looking longer towards the rim of the coin is from extreme die wear. The '6' is showing an broken hub. That is why the bottom of the '6' id missing. No premium for this one. Just a Wheat cent to add to the wheat pile.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3595 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with the above--a worn die, very worn. Does have a BIE die chip. Not a DDO, certainly not worth grading. Wonder what the reverse looks like?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1655 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is the 1956 DDO

What exactly are you seeing that makes you think a Doubled Die? As stated before - you do have a "BIE" variety cent caused by a die chip.
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's cool. I have yet to find a BIE out in the wild.

As for pricing, check out the sold listings on ebay or other online stores. You can't rely on listing prices because people can ask for whatever they want, but the sold listings will tell you what buyers are actually willing to pay.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numismatiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, excuse my ignorance! It's not a DDO, now I know it's called a "BIE penny" - thanks so much, everyone!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct, I was just going to say that. but you figured it out yourself..
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 200Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05