Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Clipped 1878 Sitting Lib Dime Or PMD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 599Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need some help on this one reverse shows wear and tear but the clip looks as it should rim wise, so could use some help thanx guyz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40087 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might need a pic of the edge.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
like a strait on or side ways?(angled)
Edited by Eyez
04/12/2021 2:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here ya go,,,

Pillar of the Community
United States
5284 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely PMD.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40087 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The edge does not look legit to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah alot of wear on it hard to tell, just looked like the rim merged downward like on other clipped planchets. or folded in going to the clip.
Learn More...
United States
20057 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a lot of wear on it hard to tell

True, but I'm trying to envision how this coin could have changed so many hands, accumulating wear, scratches, and gouges and no one else put it aside with such a large clip. I would just assume that it is damage.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
4739 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO, I feel back in the day someone filed (stole) off some of the silver content on this and probably others...then spent it...Common practice and everyone kept spending it
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fair enough everyone, hence I asked ^^ was a tough one to tell.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59371 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I lean toward a deliberate shaving effort.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 599Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05