Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Identification Of Possible Mint/Stamp Errors 1946 Wheat Penny And Valu

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 307Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  8:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ripreble71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Learn More...
United States
19135 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rip, first welcome to CCF. Second, while that "rippled" surface texture is pretty cool, I suspect damage rather than a mint error. Maybe excessive heat?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been torched. Just a damaged cent now
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We see coins like this all the time. There isn't any minting process that could create this. It only leaves damage after minting as the answer. No one day precisely what caused it. It does look to be be damaged by acid but that is only a guess. There are some great websites on errors. I highly recommend researching them to learn more about the subject. I learn something new every time I go there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were acid, the weight would be less. This looks like a normal coin that was heated:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38842 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  05:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Not an error, PMD. Heat damage.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
5620 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
post mint damage ( PMD), not a mint error, sorry. Keep searching!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1858 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday, all my errors seem to be blown away...... Just heated up beyond normal surfaces.
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now it looks like PMD is here to stay, I believe in something baked.

Cool design even if its not an error, and welcome to the forum! :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 307Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05