Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Acquisition: 1928 $20 Gold Certificate Fr. 2402

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 431Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  12:46 am Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got a pretty good deal last week at a small show. I thought I would share.

Note: I did not pay the retail price stated on the note.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3155 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition, congratulations. I'd be working on getting that sticker off of the back of that holder. Where was the show ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  03:29 am  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wilmington, North Carolina. 2021 Azalea Festival which has many events. The coin show is sponsored by the Lower Cape Fear Coin Club. Best turn-out I've seen. Which is great IMHO.

https://www.lcfcc.org/

The 2021 North Carolina Azalea Festival will include a Coin Show, sponsored by the Club, and will be held on April 10th and 11th. The show will be at the Elk's Lodge on 5102 Oleander Drive in Wilmington. Hours for the show are 10AM to 5PM Saturday and Sunday.

Yes, you are correct the sticker has to go.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56645 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine looking specimen, congrats!
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all. I feel a lot more confident and comfortable with the purchase after receiving the feedback.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2744 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recognize that dealer's handwriting! He's great to deal with and fair.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10942 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!

Is Legacy Grading what PCGS turned into?
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I recognize that dealer's handwriting! He's great to deal with and fair.

That is very cool.

Yes sir. I fine gentleman of sterling character and a pleasure to know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I am not sure and I found it interesting that Legacy is a permitted/recognized TPG by eBay but to my knowledge only in regards to large size notes which seems a bit odd.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3155 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Collectors Universe ( PCGS) decided not to renew the licensing agreement with Jason Bradford (K3B) in early 2019 to use the PCGS brand name and started Legacy Grading. Collectors Universe ( PCGS) also started grading banknotes stateside to compete with PMG. Personally, I would recommend PMG or PCGS for banknote grading, but not Legacy.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 431Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05