Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Know Where I Can Get An Ariel Gemstone Coin (Niue)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 243Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  01:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silverbug42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
this coin seems to be sold out everywhere, can't even find it on ebay. only 10,000 minted so I expect it to be rare but not this rare.

https://www.apmex.com/product/17582...l-w-gemstone

Pillar of the Community
Australia
998 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  04:04 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i took a quick look at some of the New Zealand site and they don't seem to have that particular coin in stock at the moment. If I didn't remember incorrectly Niue coins are minted in NZ, you might want to call them and ask them to check if they have any tuck away :D.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
861 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks as though it's available here https://www.ssinkhe.com/index.php?m...ts_id=110340
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18450 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gemstone most probably mirror backed Swarovski glass crystal, with cut crown facets. Sharp edge between facets very easily crazed,
thus coin needs to be in capsule to avoid damage to the gemstone.

Green cubic zirconia is a much tougher stone, and much the same price in this size. Stone max value for either material well less than $10. If this coin succeeds, it will be due to the artwork, not the scarcity.

I am a gem facetor. Aussie yellow sapphire rough direct from mine is my preferred stone to cut.
My gem faceting and numismatic interests strictly separated, but for some coin collectors and dealers, gem and coin interests occasionally come together.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
647 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sel_69l - Reminds me of my short stint at the local lapidary club as a teenager. 35 years on I can still remember the smell of the molten dop wax and cutting coolant.

Do you facet gems the old school manual way or is it all laser cut with electronic angle adjustment?
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2512 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ryurazu - no they are not. Niuean's use our currency as a unit for their garbage NCLT.
Most of it minted in USA, Germany and even China now.

Niue use our currency for everyday needs and it is all made overseas
Banknotes - Australia
$1 and $2 - UK
10c, 20c, 50c - Canada.

A few Kiwi bullion coins are made here, but we do not mint any junk NCLT coinage for anyone.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 243Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05