Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are These Silver Eagles Real Solid Silver?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 345Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  01:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chad Brechler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. ***

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38842 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the coins they do start out genuine. They are available in different denominations.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
04/23/2021 08:07 am
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with John, they put all that stuff onto a genuine Silver Eagle
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15178 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes just what it says ; .999 Silver Bullion . I'm not a fan of Bullion coins but that is outright beautiful .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
7105 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Legit and damaged artsy coins. Very pretty though. Can make a nice display if its what you like. But unlikely ever worth anything more than melt unless the "wow factor" hits the buyer you sell it to.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1076 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the ruthenium coinage so long as it's something common and produced in the millions. Do I see another offering from the mint?
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
04/23/2021 1:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jonnin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are a LOT of places that make beautiful silver coins at 1.5 X the value of the silver in them. This one is off the charts at 80 bucks for $25 worth of silver.

A scan of the web has the unpainted ones averaged at 35 bucks for 25 worth.
Edited by jonnin
04/24/2021 12:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2250 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, all silver eagles have a tiny amount of copper mixed in. 99.93% Silver - 0.07% Copper, so not solid silver.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 345Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05