Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Helping Confirming 1912 S Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 614Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
51 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  01:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dakota0404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was shocked to see a V nickel given back in change at the gas station, but I think I scored pretty darn good on this one! It's not very pretty but you can still make out the s mint mark. Whatcha think if it's a 1912 s it's gotta lil value right? I want second opinions before I get too excited lol

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2657 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best to post full obverse and reverse pics. Necessary when determining authenticity and grade.

Looks correct to me from these photos. G Details, ED. Heck of a score for only 5 cents. If it were me I'd be going right back to that gas station to see what else might be hiding there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11865 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  03:46 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full coin pics are in order, but it looks good so far.

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40157 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a S to me. Here are sold values:https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...H_Complete=1
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15618 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gas stations lately have been producing some nice finds .
Just Hope the President don't mess that up for us by wanting to go green with all electric cars .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59494 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely 1912-S, congrats!
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be stoked just to get a Buffalo nickel in my change, let alone a key date V nickel! Sweet find, hope your luck keeps rolling!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7286 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its an S.
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3456 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is an S, and sweet find
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2143 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!

In the century (or maybe it just seems that way) since COVID started, I can't even remember the last time I had a cash transaction.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dakota0404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all! This really brought back my interest in coins, like a lot of others I've been doing mostly everything electronically, but imma get some rolls and get back to it!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15618 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a plan .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20287 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go back to that gas station and ask if they have more of those.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 614Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05