Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1878 8 Tail Feather Morgan . Opinions Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 271Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
520 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  3:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin is at an auction, I like it and may bid on it if the price stays reasonable, but would appreciate second opinions before I commit. They are seller pictures but not too bad. Would like your opinion as to grade and if that spot at lady's neck would affect grade at all, or would details it or just a lower the grade. Thanks in advance .......

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10189 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the breast looks a little weak for this issue. the coin has rub and surface abrasions, minor scratches and discoloration (not sure what that is and if it would come off). maybe MS63 but I'm in the MS62 box
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58324 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-62 tops for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3012 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS61 The white spot above the star looks like it might be a stain, it could detail the coin.
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's up with his feet? Looks like extra metal was slapped on there. But I'm no pro and only have been looking at 1889 Morgan's for now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4246 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bit splotchy but I'm at MS-63. Lower end of that range.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5513 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice luster and the abrasions look shallow and mostly minor. The obverse spot hurts eye appeal a bit but shouldn't cause a details grade IMO. MS-63 seems likely, though it would not be choice for that grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
520 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to say thanks to all that gave your opinions.

Unfortunately this was an eBay auction and there were two Yahoos that both apparently needed it more than a breath of air and battled each other way beyond my "good buy" area, and so I let them have it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 271Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05