Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1951 Cape Wearing Lincoln Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 349Next Topic  

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  12:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going through some wheat cents and came upon this one.
Not in the best of condition but found it interesting that it looks as if Lincoln is wearing a cape. How bout it guys.
What's your thoughts on this one. Any appreciated.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52371 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is damage to the coin. Nothing more. Possible coin contact altered this coin. New information added to this coin. Check the corrected comment below.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/15/2021 2:04 pm
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok let's see if this image gives a little more to look at.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40097 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kinda looks like a die crack?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4776 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the linear feature raised above the surface, or cut (incuse) into the surface?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59386 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Start of a lam?

to the CCF!
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The linear feature is raised above the surface. It give the impression of a second layer or cape over the shoulder of Lincoln's coat except it continues on down to the rim of the coin.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52371 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I glad you made that last comment, I was only looking at the upper area. But the lower area shows me that this is a die crack, rather than a contact mark When you see this next time place an arrow there. That will save up time to see what you are seeing. Thanks again for that extra thought that I missed.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that using the arrows to point specific areas of interest is very helpful but every time I add the to a photo, the file becomes to large to upload into the post. I'm not very good a navigating photo shop apps, sort learning as I go.
I tried the free app, and all goes well until I get to the very last step. I don't know where my photos are going once I've resized them. Well I see the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen, but I haven't figured out how to up them to the post.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52371 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't use this feature on the site. But I sent staff a message that you need assistance.
Richard S. Cooper

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop I need all the help I can get. I'll be 70 this year, which let's you know that computers are not one of my fortes.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 349Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05