Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Advice On Selling My Silver Eagles And Rounds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 576Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
83 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  8:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coins2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been wanting to sell my silver eagles and rounds and a few silver Kennedy's. But it's been so hard to pull the plug in doing so and worried that the toned coins would devalue the coins as a whole . Any advice on if the coins are eye appealing would they hold their value?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58339 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bullion is bullion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4391 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toned can be attractive to some (some...) potential buyers. Bullion plus could be possible.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sell them on eBay - they go "Nutso" for toned ASE's - BUT, you haven't showed any coins with their toning - So...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11030 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you want/need to sell?
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to sell because I have changed in what I want to collect! And honestly taking pics here is a pain , on a watch site just upload a pic as most other sites . I have no time to crop and down size the pics .
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  03:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kaxaba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they will hold value if there is eye appeal.
The pics in your listing would need to accurately depict that eye appeal for the most possible $$
One appealing aspect distorted or not showing in the pic will ruin the whole price point you expect. Or perhaps ruin the coin the buyer expects.

One way to gauge the market for your particular listing is post up with the buy it now price you'd like to receive. Maybe even 10-20$ over. And then accept offers. Don't need to actually accept offers just take the info as that's a price someone would pay for buy it now, right now. Can be sobering but also enlightening! Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1478 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You sound more like a silver stacker than a rare coin collector so I answer this way. Bullion is bullion doesn't matter you are gonna get the melt value for them as long as they weigh right.

Toning doesn't matter at all in either case unless it's terminal toning on a rare coin and ugly or eating away at the surface.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dealer will pay less than melt for the Kennedy's. No mater how nice. Maybe melt or slightly over for the SAEs if the are Unc. Maybe a little more for proofs. Ebay you will prob get melt for the Kennedy's and rounds. $35ish for UNC SAEs. But then you've got to subtract out ebay fees and shipping.

If you have over $1000 worth you could try JMBullion's "Sell to us online". I have used them once before and prob will again soon. You can see up to the second prices offered for most common stuff. They are at or near melt. Over for the SAEs. I think last I looked they were at around $33 for them.

You pay for shipping but they send you a UPS label at their rates. Which I found to be very reasonable.

You lock in price the moment you hit submit. And then have a certain amount of time to get the coins to them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
572 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about selling them here? You could send the buyer an invoice through Paypal.
You'll pay Paypal their fees but avoid Ebay.
Learn More...
United States
101000 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What about selling them here? You could send the buyer an invoice through Paypal.
As long as we remember the Buy/Sell/Trade Rules.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2021  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all your responses ! But I think I will hold onto . I collect watches and clothing and I sold dozens just to give it away and now all the things that I've felt close to me I've should have never sold them . Silver is s up I will hold because I have a few BU coins but I have some beautiful toned coins and will not give them away.
Pillar of the Community
United States
572 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2021  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you for all your responses ! But I think I will hold onto.

There's nothing wrong with that.
I realized when silver popped recently that I had become a stacker instead of an investor. Investors sell - stackers don't.

Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 576Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05