Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1891 O VAM 1A3 For Thoughts

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 722Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  6:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
here is one I plucked from the Bay
I think personally she looks about VF-20 maybe F-15
she has a few marks on her that may warrant a detail grade on a higher graded coin but not sure about this grade.
In hand she most certainly does not look cleaned. Camera light makes it look brighter I think.
The giant die break on the back is not post mint damage :)

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very close to VF-20, agree a tight call.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3287 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF Details Cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slider123
i dont think its been cleaned , the lighting and my camera phone make the photos look bright but coin is a nice grey and looks like all my other F to VF Morgans
Pillar of the Community
United States
3287 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jason,

Look under the wings and tail feathers on reverse as there are cleaning marks were it has been cleaned. There are scratches under the right wing from cleaning. Under the words IN & TRUST there are cleaning marks.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10212 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller's images suggest straight grade.
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On review, I think it's been cleaned as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slider23 that is probably the lighting coin has no cleaning lines there or anywhere else. Lots of contact marks yes. Line under the tail feathers is a strong clashed E
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog what are you seeing that indicates it? It looks like all my other straight graded Morgans . Nice natural grey . No hairlines and no cleaning abrasions . Has not been dipped , polished or put in silver cleaner.
I think its just the lighting
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It just seems very light in color for a coin that worn. An instinctive call.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog . thats the lighting for sure , taken by a big window at around 1 pm. Coin is darker for sure . Not saying it would not details but not from cleaning.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got it, thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one came back VF-25
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, I have been on the hunt for a nice 1a3 for a while.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10212 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS?
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave yep Vamworld group submission
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 722Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: