Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Treasure Mass Findings: Fugio!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 561Next Topic  

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  08:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jashearer3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Let me start off by saying, I know.. environmental damage beyond belief. BUT it's a fugio, and ill take a toasted fugio over another gosh darn button any day haha (disclaimer: I still like finding buttons tho)

Just like my other few posts I found this in the "french and indian war field" in western Massachusetts. This field is huge so its been a couple years of me detecting as much as I can. It totally has paid off.

Here is a link to the instagram post that shows more details and pictures. https://www.instagram.com/p/B-arute...eb_copy_link

Just so happy to save this coin I'm not sure how much longer it would have survived. Years of fertilizer really do damage to these coppers.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! You're finding some very nice coins. This one I'd look into having conservation work done on. Thanks for sharing.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There are no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Learn More...
United States
102089 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An amazing find for sure!
Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct that is unmistakably a fugio! Awesome to see enough detail to know exactly what it is despite coming out of the ground. Great find!
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, that's quite a score.. I had a metal detector when I was 13, never found much with it, I'm sure it was the cheapest model I could've gotten, but it did work.. best of luck to you on your diggin', thanks for sharing your treasure!
Valued Member
United States
443 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool find. Not sure how much original coin is left under there to be conserved, but it would be cool if you could safely remove some of the damage.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - nice finds.
I also live in Western Massachusetts ... have found several Connecticut coppers near an old fort but nothing as nice as that Fugio. Yes conservation is the way I would go with that one. I have been pretty pleased having several coins conserved thru NGC.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11862 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2142 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find! The backstory is a big part of the fun!

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 561Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05