Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 American Silver Eagles (How Many Different Options?)

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,971Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
United States
103710 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the record, if the two coin set does not have both types, then that is probably one less thing for me to worry about buying.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6376 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

So... this is what I see

Bullion type 1
Bullion type 2
Proof W type 1
Proof W type 2
Proof S type 2

And yet to come
Reverse Proof W type 1
Reverse proof S type 2
Burnished W type ?

Eight issues this year plus 6 Morgan/Peace dollars, the mint is eating up my purchasing $.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4009 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have them all!

I got the Bullion Type 1 and 2, and will try to get the Reverse Proofs, and of course the Morgans and Peace, but that's it this year.
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aug. 24 for the reverse proofs. Sept. 9 for the 2021 ASE UNC W likely type 2. The Mint does not say what specific finish yet, burnished? Waiting....I had planned on cutting back buying coins this year due to high premiums, inflation concerns and adding more to savings, but the new eagle reverses and Morgan/Peace dollars ended that.
Edited by livingwater
08/16/2021 10:07 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dont forget the potential of a LESPS Proof W/S TYPE 1/2? If its a 2021 S Type 1 then its a new mintage.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11256 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a similar topic that had scrolled off to page 2 of the topics list that has some good discussion on this as well.
Learn More...
United States
103710 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is a similar topic that had scrolled off to page 2 of the topics list that has some good discussion on this as well.
I merged the two topics.
Valued Member
United States
234 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Eight issues this year plus 6 Morgan/Peace dollars, the mint is eating up my purchasing $.

I can't buy another coin for the rest of the year to stay in my budget. Or, I will need to sell a set of coins (Since I was able to pick up two off all the ASE's, Morgans, and Peace dollars), and I am still going for the Reverse proof set. This does not include the overpriced silver proof set, and commemoratives. You may see me on the Buy/Sell/Trade threads.
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

This entire year has sucked for my purchases. New computer and many collectible cards and coins coming out. I got so many morgans that I need to think about letting a few go to cover the costs. This year has truly been insane for any collector, whenever it is trading cards or coins, there are so many important things happening this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3062 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dont forget the potential of a LESPS Proof W/S TYPE 1/2? If its a 2021 S Type 1 then its a new mintage.

So considering that the LESPS set was traditionally minted in San Francisco I would expect all coins to be 'S' coins - EXCEPT for the ASE which I expect to be a 'W' minted coin. weather it be type 1 or 2 remains to be seen.

Quote:
United States Mint Limited Edition 2021 Silver Proof Set
MULTI (S)(W)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11256 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We definitely need to keep any eye on that one. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the US Mint included a '21 S-proof Type I to have yet another sure-fire sellout.

Those of you that remember the baseball card boom (and subsequent bust) from the late 90's and early 00's, what's happening with the U.S. Mint offerings seems very familiar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the burnished (uncirculated finish) 2021 W is Type 2.

the Two coin reverse proof set is
W RP = Type 1
S RP = Type 2

the LESPS says it is S and W mintmarks. Safe to assume the silver eagle will be W, the question is, will it be W type 1 or type 2...... or both this yea with one S type 2 and one W type 1 proof? or both Ws?

So many possibilities, I think the most likely is the 2021 W type 2 silver eagle proof, but they might go for the money shot and do two silver eagles in it since they made so many this year.

For sure the S type 1 was listed as final issue at thelat year 2020 when they sold it. they won't make it again in type 1 for the LESPS. possible some variation of type 1 and 2 in Ws, possible a type 2 S mintmark and type 1 W, possible a S and W type 2 reverse and no type one on this year LESPS.
Lot's of possibilities but I think we can rule out a new type 1 S mintmark happening, and I think we can rule out a burnished type 1 happening at this point also.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
08/30/2021 2:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11256 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either way, 2021 is going to take up half a page in my CAPS album for all the various issues:

o Bullion Type I
o Bullion Type II
o W Proof Type I
o W Proof Type II
o S Proof Type II
o W Uncirculated Type II
o W RP Type I
o S RP Type II

At this point I think it's safe to say that no new ASEs will be introduced in the LESPS. Which is fine in my book, because 2021 already has 8 distinct ASEs and that's enough! The closest to that ridiculous figure is 2019 with 6. 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2020 all have 5. That's 34 distinct ASEs over those 6 years.

If my math is correct, 6 of the 35 years of ASEs make up 1/3 of the total issues (106).

Anyone miss the days where there were only 2 annual offerings -- proof and bullion?
Edited by CelticKnot
09/15/2021 11:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3062 Posts
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone miss the days where there were only 2 annual offerings -- proof and bullion?

In one way for sure: I recall my father getting an order form from the Mint in the mail back in the mid-late 80s. He'd fill it out and order 4 proof ASEs every year and get them without fail.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,971Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05