Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two 2021 P Tuskegee Airmen Quarter Struck Through

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 4,463Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  1:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just received these 2 matching quarters in my change at the grocery store.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71863 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show us a close-up of the strike-through!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They make it look like the building is on fire!
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59753 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16358 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Struck Through Grease.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59753 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it raised or incuse? If raised, it could be damage to the die.

It that area is incuse, it maybe grease on the die. I've seen this once before:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's incuse and very similar to the new penny's I found.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's actually not as deep as the penny shown above. It's a little more smoothed out then cut deep.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12115 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
24845 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those new pics are really helpful. I agree with most likely them both being Struck Through Grease and it is kinda neat that the patch of grease seems to have not changed very much from one strike to the other. I'd keep them as a pair.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59753 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note the opposite side of the coin, that area would be on the mouth jaw area. Seems like it was also affected. I can't tell is the area on the obverse is bulging outwards, or is flatten from the images provided. So it could be damage or something else. The images are not clear enough on the obverse side yet?
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any bulging on Washington's face looking through magnifier but yall may see something that I can not.

Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will also try and get some better pics later.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I ask on here what yall would pay for the pair?
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Emaroots23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did a search on ebay for sold items but I believe the last one that sold that looked like mine was close to $100 per coin. I don't like to auction my items but that's just me.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 4,463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: