Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where To Find Wheat Penny Rolls By Federal Bureau Of Printing And Engraving

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 541Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  1:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ozkan1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I bought this roll on Ebay. 50 pennies all wheat. Took a photo of the wrapper. Can you please let me know where does Ebay sellers source this roll from?

Does Federal Bureau of Printing and Engraving lets you order directly from them?

I really don't want to pay $12 for a $0.50 roll. My son and I enjoy doing a bit of coin adventure but at $12 a roll it's too expensive for me.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4774 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay sellers have a wide variety of sources to choose from--everything from common wrappers available commercially and repurposed/used vintage wrappers to elaborate fakes. To my knowledge, the US Bureau of Printing and Engraving does not sell coin wrappers--certainly not to the public. Try checking ebay for 'cent wrappers' and see what turns up. Do the same by googling 'cent wrappers'.

When it comes to buying rolls--your usual sources are banks, coin shops, coin shows, and auction sites. If you want solid Wheat cent rolls, be prepared to pay several dollars and up. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing does not sell coins.
Edited by ijn1944
06/05/2021 1:50 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15588 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , I'm sure it's a scam they don't offer Wheat cent rolls to anyone . They only print currency ( Bills ) .If you want to make sure your getting Wheat cent rolls at a decent price , go to a coin shop or coin show .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ozkan1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rolls look super legit wrapper and the Federal logo wise. I have never heard this rolls before I guess it is fake then.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5994 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These wrappers can be easily made and easily made to look old.

If you wanna spend money on Wheat cents visit your nearest coin shop or coin show and develop a business relationship with the dealer.

Buy your coins in bulk lots of 1000 to 10000 pieces. You SHOULD be able to buy them in the 5 to 10 cent range each all day long.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59376 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But don't try selling them back at anywhere near those prices.
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can also run a buy ad on CL for wheat cents. I can usually
buy them @ 2-3 cents each. Have about 12,000 cents to look through right now...
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n9jig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think any government agency ever used the term "United States Federal Currency", especially on coin wrappers.

Likely it was printed or purchased by the seller, artificially aged and stocked with 49 of the lowest value wheat cents around and one decent one at the end for show.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4739 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since you're doing this with your son, I say just pick-up rolls from your bank and start off filing in a folder of years and mint marks and upgrades. A few Wheat cent will come along and search for errors and varieties...why spend 12 dollars when 50 cents will due for "bonding time"

to CCF good luck on future finds, have fun and build memories......
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
4061 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone with a printer can make any thing they want. Like these. I think Wheaties go for 2-3 cents each these days and there is an unlimited supply.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17063 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just another fake wrapper, BEP doesn't even produce coins! Let me guess, inside the roll was a bunch of common coins?
Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 541Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05