Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D LMC - DDO, Double Date And RPM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 187Next Topic  
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  5:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came across this 1960D LMP that appears to be a DDO, double date and mint mark while going through my copper pennies. My first question is weather I'm correct and if so is it is a large date over small date or vice versa? The tail of the 9 in the date appears abit notched. I believe it has all the proper markers for the double date, double mint mark and DDO. It shows doubling on the obverse within LIBERTY, IGWT, and on the reverse with UNITED STATES and EPU. Thanks all.

Learn More...
United States
19519 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coin, which RPM do you think that you have? I'm having a little trouble seeing it in these pics. Here is a link to the varietyvista website:

http://www.varietyvista.com/02b%20L...20(1-60).htm

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
5634 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No sign of doubling, there are damages on the 6 and 0 of date and on the lower left of the mintmark.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link Spence. It appears to be a 1960D RPM-49 by the list.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It actually lines up with markers on RPM-49 from the above which Spence provided Chase. I know the images aren't the best but I'm trying.
Learn More...
United States
19519 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok hmm, not sure we can tell that this is a RPM with these pics @coin. Here is the best I can do with what you have posted so far:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again spence. I will take another set and hope the lighting works with me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5965 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there more than one coin here? The third photo down seems completely different than the fifth down.
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51551 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the damage on the date is parallel to the rim. So it was probably damaged in a coin counting machine. Too far in to be gum ball machine damage. From the images I'm not seeing a RPM. A closer view might help, but #49 is an easier on to see.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All pictures are from the same coin. It is just the angle and lighting that made the coin color appear to be different.
I also noticed the die mark on Lincolns chin and another under his ear. Also, there are multiple die cracks/scratches on the obverse which start at the rim. One starts between WE and TRUST traveling southeast ending below the chin. Another crack/scratch starts in the O in God traveling southeast into Lincolns hair then continues south ending just under his ear. The last set of obverse die cracks/scratches beginning on the rim above the R and U in TRUST traveling south and coming together entering the date and mint mark causing what appears to be the damage within that area. Lastly there is a die crack/scratch on the rim next to the lower L in LIBERTY and traveling north into the back of Lincolns neck and collar.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51551 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Normal mintmark.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 187Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05