Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 Penny - Error Or Just PMD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 159Next Topic  
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  7:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dbirge to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help identify this as an error or PMD?

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add richvillanu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dbirge
I recommend you post a New Topic with your question.
That way a pro can help.
Welcome to the forum
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10183 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely PMD.
There is no way that could happen during the striking of the coin.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dbirge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, ill do that. And thank you!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dbirge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD, I was thinking the same thing. Do you think someone might have tried some kind of jewelry making thing and gave up?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58080 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely PMD mischief.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4295 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post strike damage from long ago. Kinda looks like a nail punch.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1705 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or a cut nail (A square concrete nail) hammered into it. But yes Deliberate PMD
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
Pillar of the Community
United States
5966 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damage is damage. Post mint damage ( PMD), not a mint error.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 159Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05