Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Error Or PMD. 1977 NM Dime. Rim Errors REV & Obv. Die Break OBV By Dime +

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 303Next Topic  

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  10:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinlover1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40065 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD. Please work on taking better coin photos,the better the photo you post the better we can help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinlover1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank u John so much for always being so nice and kind. Every time I've posted anything u say exactly what u just said. Your words aren't always as nice as it was today...but none the less....these pics are way better than the last four times I've posted. I'm honestly doing the best I can. I appreciate your answer to my question.....however if u are offering criticiism and pointing out only things that are negative.....you might try approaching it a different way. So how about I'll continue to get better at taking photos....and you can work on your social skills thank u so much for all your help. As always ...your comments are a pleasure. Have a blessed weekend. &
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40065 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am basically antisocial and answer most posts directly to the point without much explanation and unlikely to change much if at all, sorry for that. In my own defense, I do get a little tired of having to repeat myself, and come off a bit blunt sometime, so sorry for that too. Coop is the guy you want if you want in depth explanations.
John1
Valued Member
United States
168 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok check it out. I re-read your posts but was unable to find any responses that were harsh. It seems like you get s bit defensive when reading responses that mention the quality of your photos.

Something to consider---You are asking for opinions on an issue on a coin that is so small that you need magnification to see yourself. So how can you expect anyone to see such a minute issue in the photos you have posted? It usually takes practice to get clear close up pics. It can be frustrating, but it is necessary when you post.

1 clear pic of obverse, 1 clear pic of reverse, a clear pic or 2 close up of area with issue, and a brief accurate description of what you are seeing, will get you the best responses.

As for this post topic. Double check your description about a die break on obv by dime. There is no 'Dime' on obv. And the pics you posted are aweful. John1 doesn't need to practice his social skills, I think you need to practice your photo and topic skills.

I'm just saying..
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40065 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Altec12,that makes me feel better. I know taking pics of coins is not easy for me and for a lot of other members. But, the better the photos members post the better we all can help. Coinlover1980,check out the photo section of the forum for tips and ideas on taking photos of coins,lots to read there but it is worth your time.
John1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While the images are not great, they do show me all I need to see of this coin. This one was damaged long after it was struck. Notice all the mark on this coin. Even one of them would make this coin into a cull coin. Spendable. When it gets back to the bank it will be sent back to the mint to be cancelled. Then recycled, Just a spender:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5660 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Every time I've posted anything u say exactly what u just said.

Quote:
I re-read your posts but was unable to find any responses that were harsh. It seems like you get s bit defensive when reading responses that mention the quality of your photos.

Couldn't agree more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6464 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without question, this is post mint damage ( PMD). Extreme damage, probably a parking lot coin. No mint errors here, sorry.
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05