Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Posting And Replies To My Posts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 312Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  02:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm not sure that I put my 2 posts in the correct category or not? I put them under US Classic & Colonial Variety & Error Coins vs. US Modern Variety & Error Coins? Read about the Avatars, still not sure about that either? And, if someone does reply, I'm not sure if my profile is set up to receive answers? I tried to update so that I can check to see what I put, but can't seem to get there either? Several months ago, I sent some pics and questions and never received any replies? I noticed, that next to everyone's questions, at the very end of the line to their questions, they all have 2 signs at the end. Why does mine have 4? Will I get alerts when someone replies or do I have to just keep logging in? Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8230 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  03:58 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You did put the coin posts you made in the wrong forum, one of the mods can fix that and if they do, you will be able to tell on your post. Not a big deal. They should be in the "US Modern Variety and Error Coins" forum.

I don't see that you ever made any other posts previously made by you, unless you had logged in under a different user name then? Only 3 posts as of this reply the two coin posts and this one I'm replying to now.

Replies to your posts will come like mine underneath, and you won't be notified, you need to check on them yourself. The numbers you are seeing are probably the read numbers not the reply numbers.

The way I use CCF (Coin Community Forum or this place) is I log on at the main page, then click my own name under the log in "Logged on as" to see my profile, there you will be presented with a list of the most recent posts you've made, I click on the one I want to see or right click and open several in new tabs if there are more than one post to check on and possibly reply.

Scroll down on your profile or any page at the CCF to see a list of the last 100 New topics and 100 Active topics links and around 20 individual post links below each of them, you can use to go right to. I don't use these that often, but sometimes when I've looked at all my usual areas.

Eventually if you stick around long enough and participate it will come as second nature, your photo postings came through just fine I see the photos and you have the coin upright and cropped as asked so that's a plus and ahead of many that start off as newbies here.

Your photos need to be vastly improved in quality of focus however to help in identifying errors and varieties or grades. There is no way to tell if a coin you show is a double die or not due to the fuzziness of the photo.

Try taking the photo only with a camera on a tripod or at least resting against something solid so as to reduce or eliminate shake. If you are using a phone camera then try simple things like a box of Kleenex or a large can to rest the camera on and if needed another smaller item to raise the coin up until it fills the screen, if possible lots of direct light and use a tripod release or your headphones (on most phones the shutter can be clicked by pushing a volume button on the headphone switch), that way you aren't touching the phone when the shutter takes the photo and no shake occurs. Sharpness and good lighting are everything in coin photos. See this comparison I made.

I shot this on my iPhone 8 hand held okay lighting cropped and saved in Photoshop at 72dpi high quality jpg to come in under 300KB limit.

Compare to tripod shot camera not touching the camera remote shutter:

Pretty obvious the difference in sharpness when the camera is completely steady when shooting and better direct lighting helps tremendously (I use a pair of Ikea $9 LED lamp on goose neck stands), nothing crazy expensive. Granted the coins are different, I used one I had already posted in the past I had in my upload folder, the handheld shot I just took now to make this post, same desk I usually am shooting on, same light (only one turned on though and not positioned as well as I do when I'm trying to take coin photos).

You should be able to see very easily the difference, if I ask you about the doubling on the "OF" in the top coin vs. the bottom coin. Which side is it on?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
06/24/2021 04:04 am
Learn More...
United States
20004 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not sure that I put my 2 posts in the correct category or not?

Fixed now!

In the future, an easy way to let us know is to click on the link labelled "report this post to the staff".
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it!
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05