Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With This Big Neck George I Found.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 332Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  04:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MessyCupcake to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ok laughs aside, I've collected coins since I began walking. Upon sorting my 90s quarters to show my little one, I came across a few 1992 quarters and noticed that Mr Washington has a goiter. I've never seen this, at least not that I remember. Can someone help me and tell me if this is common or if I need to take him to the coin currency hospital?!
Also, tried to include the picture of all five Washington's but couldn't get it to load. #128542;

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18734 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Show us your coins......... showing thyroid problems.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MessyCupcake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sel_69l I did post 3 pictures. Did they not post? I will see if I can try again here. It's given me attitude
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40104 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MessyCupcake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, hopefully this works. Arrow pointing to Mr Goiter, big head
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3089 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  06:00 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

It looks like something has caused the surface to corrode. It's not a mint error, but something that happened after the coin was struck. It's Post Mint Damage or PMD. The coin didn't look like this when it left the mint.
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18734 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pictures appeared on screen with no problem for me.

The distance between the E in "WE" to the front edge of the neck is the same in all of the coins.
Where the neck appears to be the thickest, the back edge of the neck is indistinct. Wear or worn die or light strike, helps to hide the back edge of the neck.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52371 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MessyCupcake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks yall! I have battled with my thyroid since I was about 10 so I always held Mr Goiter close to me. Just never realized why.

I love learning about all my coins. I have some gorgeous ones I want to post soon!
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MessyCupcake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm given coins from customers either they've found them or we trade from our collections.
I used to work on houses with my father and gave continued to this day and find all kinds of neat money and coins that aren't real currency. Here are two of my newer 80s pennies. I wish I could get the real coloring but my phones camera is possibly too complex for me at the moment.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52371 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dark spots on the obverse of the 1981 cent are finger prints. The salts in the prints leave the altered colors. So holding the coins by the edges prevents the faces of the coins from being altered.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MessyCupcake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much coop!!!!!

I was given those and I love them. Wish I could get the specs off. Any advice on that?!?!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52371 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are permanent.
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05