Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anything Worth Grading?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 383Next Topic  
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  3:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Sorry not one coin I'm always zhort on time ...happy hunting thanks for input
Pillar of the Community
United States
5327 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, given the photo posted I can't determine which coin(s)--if any-- might be good candidates for third party grading. There may be one or two, or none at all. Also, only seeing one side of a coin isn't always a good way to judge a coin's grading potential.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah thats my fault I had to run out quick but I didnt wanna forget to post it theyre a mix from 1920s to 1960 ...most are 1959 proof d and p ....im no expert but just judging from the coins I do habe graded thesecoins appear to be close to top pop on 59 ill report one by one a choice few after while
Pillar of the Community
United States
2433 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The steelys look extremely nice.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40852 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a general rule: a coin needs to have a retail value of at least $150 after slabbing to justify all costs involved in having a coin graded.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3518 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And to add, there were no proofs from Denver
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60747 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pick the earlier ones you like the best and show us large, full pics of both sides.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4853 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
69 Philly looks nice
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres a few ...and I was wondering which yall wanted to see ....i got time for a couple more ... I'm wondering tho why I'm still a new member?

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Theres a few earlier ones .

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  02:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually bought a penny off this lady on ebay...well when the package came it was really heavy I was like is it a bomb lol ...well I open it and turns out shes elderly husband has passed and has no kids and she gave me all the coins she had originally gotten over the years and put up .... talk abiut lucking out cost me 5$ got like 400 unc wheaties n indian heads .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40852 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will need to learn grading first:https://www.PCGS.com/photograde/
Then look at current values:http://www.numismedia.com/rarecoinprices/fmv.shtml
Also check eBay sold values.
Then if any of your coins list for at least $150,then it will be worth it to send to PCGS or NGC or ANACS.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11633 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with what John1 says but don't agree with holding uncirculated coins in your hand.
If you get fingerprints on them from the oils in your hand, it would greatly devaluate them.

Darn autocorrect
Edited by JimmyD
07/21/2021 07:21 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10531 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to grade your coins most members pass on them when there is more than 1 per thread. pick out the best ones in your mind and post each in a separate thread. you have a couple nice coins. based on the photos presented the 1918 looks cleaned as well as the 35. the other ones you could repost with as sharp as photos as you can get. I dont think any are worthy of slabbing
Pillar of the Community
United States
5327 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with panzaldi on the multiple coins per thread issue.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60747 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One per thread helps avoid confusing replies.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05