Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1964 Proof Kennedy Qdo?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 220Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
76 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  02:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Watermelon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi again,

I'm hoping this is FS-105 Variety? All help is welcomed!

Thanks!

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm way outside of my comfort zone here, with it being a Kennedy half, so I'm sure more versed folks will chime in. I didn't have time to look at all the listings but yours would not appear to be the FS-105. The "T" in TRUST on that variety shows extreme doubling I don't see on yours. You have very nice triple notching on the "S" though and nice doubling elsewhere. Maybe see if you can get some pics with less glare, diffuse your lighting source.
You have a DDO, just not sure which one.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had time to take another quick look before work. I kind of like VV's 004, check that against yours.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Closer view:
http://www.varietyvista.com/12%20Ke...4PDDO035.htm
Wexler also mentions there are other issues involved on this year for doubled dies:
http://doubleddie.com/1598977.html
Note the information at the top of these listings.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Coop! I had no idea of the doubled master and plethora of doubled working hubs. I had not went to Wexler yet. Thank you for the info. Looks like there were a pile of listings de-listed.
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Watermelon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! A lot to indulge being a Newbie! I'll take closer pics! And then see if this is a variety that a grading service would attribute? With your expertise ofcourse!!
Thanks so much so far!!!
Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atrox001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think your half dollar would be the CONECA listed 64PR DDO-035, FS-50-1964-105. See attached photo of the DDO-035, this is from the discovery coin. Coop... I don't know why you always use PCGS photos, I find that a lot of the time their photos for Kennedy halves are not very much help, like the ones you just posted. I also think Wexler's site is now a mess when it comes to attributing Kennedy half dollars.
Watermelon... It would be very hard to attribute your half dollar with the photos you have shown. You need to work on clear glare free ones if you want help.

Edited by atrox001
07/22/2021 2:02 pm
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Watermelon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes!!! I will work on better photos!! Learning photography and numismatics are fun but challenging!! You all rock!!
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Watermelon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need a new camera!! Any suggestions on one to get photos like that?!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I question their attribution on the FS-105. But their images are for general viewing. Sometimes you can spot markers on them.

But The Wexler references are for an alert on what coins to not buy. Know an issue is a problem on a certain year will help prevent buying of questionable coins. So down the line you will know that these are questionable varieties. In the future they maybe be exposed as not doubled dies and collectors will loose out on them. On this year, he mentions the differences without images. So just the notification of the issue, it helpful, but having images will show what to look out for.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 220Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05