Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1948 Lincoln D Penny What Coin - Grading And Opinions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 360Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  5:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Boodoffstage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi there coin community
I have a nephew who is collecting coins as a hobby and he showed me thipenny claiming that it was 10000 worth. I did some googling despite that I have no expertise in this subject and all I could find that this penny can be worth from 5cents to 10000. I tried to pinpoint this pennies worth. I bought a book in pennies but I just found more questions. I am hoping u can provide your knowledgeable opinions on this penny. I attached pics of penny. Please tell me if u need clearer pics

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40896 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. What makes it worth that much? What are you seeing as a variety or error?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15882 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , Please tell us why you and your Nephew think it could be worth up to $10,000 ? All I see is a common worn Lincoln Wheat cent . Pics are too small to to see anything else . Looks to be about 3˘ value .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60836 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can see, less than five cents. Hopefully your nephew can be more specific.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
08/05/2021 5:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5351 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the photos posted, I'm seeing a common 1948 D Wheat cent. Very common--worth anywhere from 3-5 cents. Please consider posting better lit, large and sharp photos.
Learn More...
United States
20628 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bood, first welcome to CCF. Second, it would be helpful for us to understand what you are seeing with the coin in hand that makes this Wheat cent an error or a variety as this isn't coming through in your pics. If there is nothing specifically special, then I agree that the value is somewhere around 3x-5x face.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm

As above, So Below
As Above, So Below
Edited by Pauley
08/05/2021 11:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bring your nephew by, we don't bite. Mostly.

We welcome young numismatist with open arms!

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boodoffstage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank u for your comments, gentlemen. It's my nephew who taught it was 10t because he googled and found link showing aone that was that high. I told him I'd look into it and just as many of u I only found a common penny but I'm not an expert and I didn't want to tell him the bad news until I was sure. I tried to post higher resolution post but there was 300k limit in pic attachment. I lowered resolution but I may have gone too far. As for anything unusual I did notice the w on in god we trust seemed like a potential error but I think it's just regular wear or damage. I think it's a consensus among u posters that this is a common penny. I thank for your posts but I think I will have to tell my nephew to keep looking. Than you
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
6861 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate to add more disappointment to you, but I too see a fairly normal coin with a value of about 3 cents. If you find other coins you'd like second opinions on, bring them on by, we're always open and we'll be honest with you. p.s. - the coin photography thing gets easier and easier the more you do it, so keep trying!

to the CFF!
ça va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 360Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05