Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Half Cent Price Seems Very Low. What Am I Not Seeing?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 438Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
492 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  3:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Why does this Half Cent price seem very low?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3626 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that "low" for an ungraded Half Cent? Just asking
Pillar of the Community
United States
4366 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks MS, but its not graded. This isn't a 12 stars. Greysheet for an MS62 1828 13 stars is $275. It might make it to MS63 which is 400, but that carbon spot may keep it at MS62. Since its not slabbed you are taking a chance. Personally I like but I would only pay $220 for it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3281 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess it comes down to what grade you'd award this one. To me it's overpriced for a raw example, I have it at AU58-MS62, so that's over retail.
Pillar of the Community
United States
657 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one looks like an AU slider. Half Cents aren't too expensive in higher grades.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1721 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too expensive for a raw coin.
Is that verdigris on the reverse?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62801 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, overpriced for a raw coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5386 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For that price, no slab = no interest.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks AU58 to me. And I define bu as a coin that is " bright uncirculated" which to me means full RD Luster.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 438Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: