Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1894 S Barber Half Dollar With Doubling On Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 233Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  12:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JohnScott6442 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this beautiful half dollar that I purchased a while back and it is slabbed with an MS 64 designation. The grading was not one of the top three and I have considered doing a cross over to PCGS. I noticed that the reverse has obvious doubling and I want to make sure others see what I see. Want to make sure it's just not bad eyesight lol.
And has anyone ever heard of a 94 S DDR ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1901 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your image is not clear enough. Where do you see doubling? Lawrence mentions that "Beistle and Spadone list a 'recut U.S. America'".
https://archive.org/details/compgui...n44/mode/1up

There is nothing listed for 1894-S in Cherrypickers'. BCCS varieties survey also doesn't list anything.
http://www.barbercoins.org/Barber-H...ieties.shtml

I would check Heritage Archives and see if you can find one to match yours, but first make sure it's not Machine Doubling or a lighting trick.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60763 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Larger images please, with close-ups of areas you believe show doubling.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3335 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

The photo needs to be higher resolution and larger. It's too pixelated when I try to enlarge it. Also, could you post a photo of the obverse? It seems to be somewhat lacking in luster.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3540 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
who graded it ms 64.. if you post larger pictures of the front and back, we can give you an idea of the grade..
And whether it would cross grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
579 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see no doubling in this picture.
Learn More...
United States
103793 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 233Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05