Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My New Microscope. It's Time For Less Questions And Better Photos:)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 853Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  9:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm sure its not top of the market but definitely better by far then my phone lol. I was playing with it a bit tonight and took a photo of the images on the screen with my phone. Definitely going to help me with coin hunting.

Il have to get a new charger for my laptop to be able to have better photos but the scope it self works amazing. 5 better then my phone at least. But iv only tried looking 10-30 it goes up to 1000 I think.

Anyways I can't wait to post better pictures. The microscope has its own focused light and it works great. I'll only get better with it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7565 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While this looks like a great setup, does it take screenshots that can then be uploaded? You can see interference lines in the picture of LCD screens like the one you posted.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Earl42, if I hook it up to a computer I could screenshot. I took this while sitting with it outside so my phone shot of the screen wasn't very good. But even if for not I can just get closer shots it's awesome. I can get much closer then this and the resolution of the picture seems pretty great. I'll definitely need to get a computer set-up at some point for making uploading easier, putting photos on here from my phone is not a fast process.

I'm pretty happy to be able to see things I never could before thought, even MD on a minor level that I couldn't see before is just obvious now with this scope. It's a nice big upgrade for me:) it may make me a little more annoying with my posts.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can zoom in like 10 this and the picture quality stays the same, though I'm basically looking at nothing if I'm that close
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/13/2021 11:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42003 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should be able to insert a memory card, take the pic and put it on the card and then into your computer,then transfer the photo to CCF. Please no screen shots.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@john1, you are correct, but it didn't come with a memory card and my laptop charger is destroyed so for now screen shots will be best I can do. If I see something I can capture with my phone then I'll just use my phone.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42003 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can get a card and a charger on eBay
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@john1 I don't have an ebay account. I can probably get them at Walmart or at the source (not a fan of the source) I'm just saying untill then it's a good upgrade for me. I can see things now that I could never see with my phone. And if I'm ever going to find doubled dies or RPMs etc I'll need the scope. I'll really have to learn ebay at some point. I also borrowed my friends 2015 Charlton catalogue so I'm getting a bit better with learning more verities and values.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The lighting on the screenshot looks excellent, the best I've seen in a USB scope. Almost looks like they implemented "axial" lighting in this scope. Can you take pic of what the bottom of the scope looks like, where the lens is? I'm very curious what they are doing.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rmosrpms, I'll post a picture tonight. And ya the lighting is specific for coin searching I'm fairly sure. I'm really happy with it. And I can sit outside day or night and look through my coins. My friends just grabbed me about 40 more rolls of pennies that were at his new branch, so far looks like there is a lot of American cents in the rolls as well so this will keep me busy. I still need to go through the other 2200 pennies I got now that I have a scope. I can easily make out A to denticle and pointed numbers now.

This picture is the pointed 5 that I couldn't make out before in my other post, that thread was very split opinions lol so this is great:)
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/14/2021 6:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a shot of the scope with the lights
, .also the photo I took of the screen with the 5 still has the plastic protector on the screen, I haven't taken it off.
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My friends just grabbed me about 40 more rolls of pennies that were at his new branch, so far looks like there is a lot of American cents in the rolls as well so this will keep me busy. I still need to go through the other 2200 pennies I got now that I have a scope.

Don't forget to mow the grass...

Sounds like you will be having some great fun! Hope to see you capture some interesting stuff to share.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7565 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which model is this one? They may finally be getting to where I will consider ditching my old dissecting microscope LOL!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3397 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lighting arrangement with individual LEDs very close to the lens. Well thought-out. Thanks for taking the pic.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2130 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2021  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rmpsrpms, no problem. @Earl42, I'm not sure the model I'll have to take a look and I'll let you know.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 853Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: