Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Identify This Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 261Next Topic  

Bulgaria
3 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  2:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ChewbaccaCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does someone know what this coin is?
If this is not the appropriate place for the topic - please move it where appropriate.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
20830 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chew, first welcome to CCF. Second, looks to me like your second pic needs to be rotated 90 degrees clock-wise. In any case, this looks like a late 18th Century Ottoman coin to me as I'm reading the fixed date as AH 1203 and the regnal year as 9 so roughly 1797 AD. Could you please add the weight and diameter of this coin to the thread? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bulgaria
3 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChewbaccaCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I'll try to do that tomorrow, since I don't have a precise tool to measure the weight.

Regards,
C
Pillar of the Community
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint is Islambul, a former name of Istanbul/ Constantinople.
Edited by Kushanshah
09/19/2021 3:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5065 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chewie, if the diameter is about 38 mm (1 1/2 inch), you likely have this: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces79795.html
Bulgaria
3 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChewbaccaCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tdziemia sounds about right, but I'll measure weight and dimensions tomorrow, just to be sure.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 261Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05