Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2007 Washington Quarter With Multiple Errors Is This Valuable?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 513Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3575 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damaged coin.. looks like excessive heat..No added value.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it's double denomination ,or stamped twice
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no bending or indentations on the opposite side to suggest it has been damaged
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11952 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No matter how it happened, it could not have occurred during the
striking of the coin so the alternative is PMD.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7078 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MUCH better, close sharp images are needed. Please crop your photos and show your coin close up. Thanks.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will send better pics but I believe this coin is like this from the striking process
Pillar of the Community
United States
7078 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing in the minting process that would produce such a coin. Why would the main features be duplicated but not the lettering? I really want to see this coin close up (larger, cropped & sharp).
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
732 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As stated it is heat damage. There is no damage on the other side because the heat just caused the outer copper nickel clad layer to bubble up, and it only happened on one side. The dings on the edge are just additional damage.
Edited by lcutler
09/20/2021 4:58 pm
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it bubbled up then why are the letters not distorted but rather perfectly printed on the distorted portion

Pillar of the Community
United States
5556 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the photos posted, I'm seeing post-strike damage.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this quarter was made like this during the striking process what would something like this be worth
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J2LAX4XO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the best camera I have but I can tell there is something I'm seeing that's not making through my pictures taken
Pillar of the Community
United States
2366 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be damaged by high heat.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 513Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05