Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Thought I`d Share Part Of A Collection

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,007Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  8:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is an actual unsearched Wheat penny roll hunt. These are all from 1 part of my dads collection. He died in 96 and these have at my brothers forgotten for the last 3 yrs since my mom died. These are truly unsearched as he just collected them and wrapped them with no thought other than to leave them to us kids. He called them Wheaties {as you can see written on the rolls}, and the note with the steel penny bag says "save for the kids". The 10`s are top row, 50`s are the bottom with d and s below each year. I will show it all once they`re all out and organized. So much more to tell about this and the rest of the collection but hopefully this will do for a start. Thanks for looking

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61659 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good, but we can't see much from this pic!
Learn More...
United States
20930 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@best, looks like a nice spread of dates. How about adding a couple close-ups of your faves to this thread? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bestjet...sorry about your loss...
But I will say...you have a nice intro to what is there...
Looking fwd to it...
smat
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx guys. I'll do it. I'll be posting pics (better ones) through out. Hopefully the wife won't kick me off her table before I'm all done.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41304 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you plan on putting them in a folder or album?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice high altitude overview teaser.

Quote:
I'll be posting pics (better ones) through out.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite so far

Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More to come
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, and yes john1 I'm going to get probably whitman folders for them because I also have all these and more. and 5 grandkids
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another aerial shot, (10`s at the top, 50`s bottom) and a poor indian head and some steel Many more to go. Thx for going through this with me. LOve all the comments, and suggestions.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15982 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's ok for now to start with Lincoln folders , Have fun and try to get the Grandkids into the hobby .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6 rolls left and the bag of steel. Kinda have an idea of the more common dates in this picture. The 57`s and 58`s separated are like ms condition. Don`t know what ms but will let ya`ll see them when Iv`e completed this.
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's ok for now to start with Lincoln folders , Have fun and try to get the Grandkids into the hobby .
I agree.

I really accelerated my collecting after getting folders from my mother.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I've got 5 and they're all in Georgia. Sooo I'll just be making the folders for them for later. Wish I could be there to help get them interested. I have finished the hunt and will put pics up tomorrow as I'm on the couch watching tv for the evening
Learn More...
United States
20930 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That '63 Indian Head cent might have the pair of holes from being turned into a kids toy called a whizzer. Thx for sharing—this is a great thread.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,007Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05