Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1984 P Kennedy Half Dollar, Is This The DDO?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 559Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  12:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I compared this to the DDO listed in Variety Vista and I believe it to be the type B, but I may be way off again. Any help or comments appreciated, I am still trying to learn about DD.

Edited by gsp193
09/29/2021 11:19 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41890 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few to many photos and a few to many doubled photos. What attribution number do you think it is?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was trying to figure out how to get rid of the doubled pics, my apology. DDO-001, 1-0-II-C+VI is what I compared it to but I am trying to learn so not sure, thanks for looking!
Edited by gsp193
09/29/2021 04:57 am
Learn More...
United States
21365 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a DDO to me too. Nice find @gsp!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62758 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou!! I was hoping I had it right this time!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54579 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at V.V they show only one DDO:
http://www.varietyvista.com/12%20Ke...4PDDO001.htm
1-O-II-C+VI Class 6

Quote:
Description: Medium spread on LIBERTY

Wexler only show one also, (the same one)
http://doubleddie.com/2456337.html

Quote:
1984-P 50 WDDO-001 "Best Of" Variety
Description: A strong Class VI spread towards the center shows on IGWT, LIBERTY, the upper hair details, and slightly on the date.

But I feel this is not a DDO. I feel it is Machine Doubling on images #4 & #5. Note the affected areas are on the outsides of the devices. Nothing is enlarged like there is on the DDO-001 and WDDO-001 examples. So I'm in the not a DDO camp.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/29/2021 12:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Thanks for looking Coop!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54579 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Note the spread made the center bar on the 'E' taller shortening the area above the cross bar.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for looking and for the information!
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atrox001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with coop, not a DDO. The doubling in your photos show MDD (Machine Damage Doubling), note the MDD on the R of LIBERTY and the N of IN.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see photos from another angle the E,R,T,and Y. Yes there is Machine Doubling but that doesn't rule out doubling.
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for looking and for the info, I will keep searching! I thought I had one finally!
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3193zd here are some more pics, I can take some diff angles tomorrow if needed Thanks for looking!!

Learn More...
United States
21365 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok that is weird. The letter R in LIBERTY really looks like the tip is split in your first pic, but the effect is much less obvious in your follow-up pics.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the light and angle?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 559Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: