Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mintage Of Australian 1977 10 Cent Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 379Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  12:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are we all agreed that the official mintage figure of 10.94 million is just plain wrong? It's got to be a lot higher.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
704 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen an estimated mintage (you could also call it an ''unconfirmed'' report) of 24.065.000.
And no, I do not know how the guy who put together the mintages came to that conclusion.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19265 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Official records of numbers of coins minted for a particular type and date are published in the annual RAM Mint Report.

For the 1977 10 Cents coin,
would need to look at the Reports for 1977-78, 1978-79, and possibly even for 1979-80. The reason to cover three years after date on the coin is that sometimes dies still have some life left in them, and are re installed in the presses until they wear out.

That sort of situation is almost certainly what happened with the 2019 JC 50 Cents. So far, the total reported minted for the years 2019-20 and 2020-21 is only 70,000. Mint employees have hinted that only one die pair was used for this type, and they most probably have been reinstalled into a minting press to fully utilize the working life of the single 2019 JC 50 Cents die pair, and we can expect that something more than 200,000 coins will be produced.
Refer annual RAM Reports for 2018-19, 2019-20 and also yet to be published Report for 2020-21.
That Report is due to be published later on in October 2022, (this year).
When the remainder of the 2019 JC 50 Cents is up to when the retail Banks need them as new coins for issue into circulation, which can take to 3 years or more.

For more advanced information, refer to
YouTube 'PJ's Coin Caper videos. That is how I discovered the existing info on the possibly? rare 2019 JC 50 Cents.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  03:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't payed that much attention to the 10c pieces that I find but I'd believe it's wrong - probably just the same incorrect value copied and pasted over the years.
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  03:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have seen an estimated mintage (you could also call it an ''unconfirmed'' report) of 24.065.000.

Redlock, this is what I saw when I was looking through my Dansco push-in 10 cent album:

I wonder where Dansco got their mintage figures from. Going on the number of 1977 10 cent coins I've found in circulation 24 million is more believable than 11 million.

The 1969 figure though is way over, all other sources have it closer to 22 million. They have also neglected to mention the 30 million 1966 coins minted in London. They've just got the Canberra figure.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19265 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A friend of mine has failed to find a 1997 Machin bust Ten Cents after many years of searching.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 379Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: