Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 Red Poppy Move Aside.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 301Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
924 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  03:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I knew about the 2012 Red Poppy and the later re-issue (can't remember the date) but had never heard of this one till today.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces73232.html
Holy Cow.... These have sold for $700-800 on EBay with current sellers asking $1500+. Puts the 2012 Red Poppy in it's place. Does anyone know what the price was for the initial Westpac carded release?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3153 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure about price, but when only 13,500 were minted its bound to be like that.

For a comparison, the 2012 Red Poppy was 500k minted and the 2013 Coronation was 1 million, so this is a huge come down.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The $1 poppy coin was released thru the Newscorp newspapers in each state.
The $1 poppy coin was free if you subscribed and purchased the whole set.
It came out with the 2015 20c ANZAC 20c coin collection and a special album for the set.
There was also a set that you could get from the newsagents but never had the special $1 coin as that was for subscription members only.
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SturmyRocks101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was lucky enough to be able to get the whole set at the time, Very happy to be a owner of one. Would be very hard to acquire one now without spending a fortune!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought the price of it had come down in recent years but I remember it being a bit pricy at the time. $1500 is quite a climb though!
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  03:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think a lot of collectors ignore it because it was never a circulation coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19247 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$700 to $800 each is an awfully big price the pay for an only scarce (not rare), example from a total mintage of 13,500.

I would think that for a collector who desperately wants one,
$50 would be a fair price to pay.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 301Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: