Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 D Jefferson Nickel Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 305Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  6:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 1coiny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
This is my 1st post.
I'm wondering if the damage on my nickel is a mint error, or PMD.
Thank you,
1Coiny1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12549 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Not an error.
Is it raised? It looks like there may be glue or something stuck on the surface.
Edited by JimmyD
10/22/2021 7:17 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62779 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely PMD.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1205 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, welcome to the forum! I'm leaning towards Jimmy D's response of an adhesive.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There are no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Learn More...
United States
21371 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@1coi, first welcome to CCF. Second, yes that looks like dried glue to me too. Fun to look at, but this would be a spender for me.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
5894 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post strike damage, me thinks. If the feature in question is solidified glue or other form of gunk, a soak in acetone might remove much of it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(these are more commonly named Jefferson nickels. Liberty typically refers to an older series of nickels)
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1coiny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the nice welcomes, and for sharing your expertise with me.
I've stopped cleaning any coins I've taken an interest in as I understand that's a no no.
However, I'll be soaking this Jefferson nickel, thank you nick10, in acetone, thank you ijn1944, and then spending it, thank you Spence!
You're all very kind.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1coiny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all!
I just soaked said coin in acetone and I have to say I'm a little embarrassed. Whatever that was peeled right off.
Looks like it's time for my yearly eye exam. Hmmm... I sure hope my Opthalmologist takes nickels.
Thanks again,
1Coiny1

Edited by 1coiny1
10/24/2021 11:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17555 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No need to be embarrassed, things like that fool a lot of people until you gain experience learning to recognize it.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No need to be embarrassed, things like that fool a lot of people until you gain experience learning to recognize it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: