Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need Help With Coin Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 467Next Topic  
Valued Member
268 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  10:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nelson9225 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It weighs 2.1 grams
13 mm diameter
made of bronze
I thinks it's Greek
any help would be greatly appreciated

Learn More...
United States
21325 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nels, since you believe this to be from ancient Greece, I'm going to move your thread over to that subforum. Hopefully, we can get some good eyeballs on it there.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2372 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably miles out here but it does look similar to Herakles wearing lion skin with club, bow and quiver reverse?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2629 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a ZigZag token.
Valued Member
268 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nelson9225 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank all who answered my quest
there are soooo many types of coins struck
like these it's really hard to identify all.
again thank you
Valued Member
Learn More...
Cyprus
260 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Check micha's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add micha to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nelson,
if you can get any of the words ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΥ (ALEXANDROY) or ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΣ (BASILEWS) in the middle of the coin at the reverse that makes it Macedonia, Alexander III
the rest are as Palouche said.
Learning never exhausts the mind. ~ Leonardo da Vinci
https://www.atheniastore.com
https://www.ebay.com/str/micha?_trk...047675.l2563
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 467Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: