Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Lincoln Wheat Cent Die Event - Pre Cud + Maybe Ridb

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 325Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:00 pm Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this one and it just came in the mail today. Very nice unlisted pre cud and we shall see if the retained interior die break is large enough to get its own listing as well.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks large enough (to me) to get a listing...Good luck and welcome back from your bat season. Now it's our Bat season...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks GF! And we shall see what I can drum up, but usually there is something interesting getting found or coming in from a pick around here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. I like it.

Is the anomaly in the reverse field around the top of the O (ONE) die damage? With it being opposite the precud, it looks like it is die damage. Maybe caused by the pieces of the crack damaging the die?
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
10/26/2021 8:03 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62972 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's very impressive!
Pillar of the Community
United States
877 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set:
http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Learn More...
United States
106611 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4269 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks!

As I like to say, they are out there. And yes, the area on the upper reverse is incuse, so it would need something glommed onto the die there. I've seen similar on a lot of steel cents, and even the obverse of the 1943-S DDO-001 has something similar.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update: The coin has been listed as PC-1c-1943-69. The retained interior die break was not large enough to meet the criteria for listing.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice displacement on the bust, I like it!
-makecents-
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How did you go about getting that listed if I may ask? Still new here.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if you have something along the lines of a new cud, pre cud, BIE, or general die cracking of some significance, then you just head over to http://www.cuds-on-coins.com and look at this page:

http://cuds-on-coins.com/attributio...-what-to-do/

The images needed are quite specific, so you may have to learn a new trick or two if you aren't up on how to take and re-size sharp macro images. But otherwise it's a relatively simple process.

Just try to be sure you've got something new, as the folks who maintain and update the site are busy, and volunteers, so be on-target and prepared with your submissions.
Pillar of the Community
United States
873 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great find TB. But let's be honest, you don't study bats ---- you recruit them to use their sonar to find errors and varieties! I can see you running through the caves with rolls of coins in your out stretched hands. LOL.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most years when catching bats, I have a wildlife technician with me. I train them to take bats out of nets and traps, and then that's kind of their job. I do the ID, measurements, banding, and sometimes glue a transmitter on to track them. But if I have someone to take bats out, and we don't catch many on a night, I can have a lot of free time. It has been many a night I have sat in the woods with a box of rolls and just gone through a pile of coins for something to do. Many things have been found not at a desk, but miles in the woods while listening to the owls hoot.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  08:02 am  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much. Sounds like you have a great job. Bats are fabulous and a vital part of our eco system. I use to experience an evening flight path of 100's of bats to their feeding area in SE Wisconsin. It was great!
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 325Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: