Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What To Look For

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2009  06:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chumpchange to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I recently came across a stash of american dollars of various dates they are owned by a lady trying to sell them off for some reason. So far I bought three from her 1921d 1921s and 1885 just wondering what are some dates to watch for that could be good and how about the ones I bought. I paid thirty dollars for the three and could get the rest for about ten to fifteen bucks a piece and they're all in about the same condition, light wear no major scratches. input would be great, thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
2661 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2009  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At that price I would get them all as long as they were vf-xf.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2009  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At that price I would get them all as long as they were vf-xf.

This. Any decent Morgan is worth that much these days.

Now, for the fun part.

How much do you know about Morgan VAM's?
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2009  01:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chumpchange to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh god, I know I have three now and there are tons of varieties.!!I know nothing. I tried looking them up on vamworld but that was beyond me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1752 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2009  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter53562 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without hesitation buy them all! Now! ;)
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2009  02:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chumpchange to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ya I know! just have to get the $150. The 15th was mortgage time. And the oil patch has slowed here in alberta with the low price of oil so I haven't worked much, Enough sob though I'll get'em.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2009  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Especially considering that you're probably talking Canadian Dollars and we're talking US Dollars, it's all the better a deal. Morgans are worth $CAD10.75 just in metal content, and more at retail even as culls. This is an excellent investment, and you never know what you'll find among them for interesting VAM's. Please post a complete list; I'll help you figure out if there's anything of not among them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2838 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2009  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
chumpchange, Welcome to the forum, buy them all if she did not sell them already. How long have you been collecting coins?What do you collect?Also do not let the world of Vams throw you, this is a totally different world of collecting Morgan and Peace dollars and this site will be a big help, after you buy all of those coins,LOL,
be well, Mike...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1407 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2009  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wwhitman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
get 'em all
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2009  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chumpchange to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello people sorry I could not answer your questions right away as I am stuck at work, After all the advice though I did send my wife to get the rest of the coins, I wont be home till saturday so I wont know what she got for me till then I do know that she bought ten different coins(silver dollars). To answer morgans dad I collect everything I can, Like a packrat, If shines I'll pack it away, Although my collection is mostly older canadian coins(nickels and pennies)and American errors. I also spent 8 years in germany so I have quite a few world coins but I really know nothing about them. Saturday night I will try to post pics for the first time to show what I aquired, till then I can only dream that one is worth a million dollars and I wont have to go back to work. Thanks for all the help...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2119 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2009  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chris12018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check the back for mint marks. If there are some with cc under the wreath that a Carson City mint Great money there!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1011 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2009  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O.K. I'll be the first one to ask chumpchange it would be nice to see the coins also welcome to the forum
Chris12018 to you too
regards Harry
Edited by nuggethill
01/24/2009 9:36 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05