Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1975 LMC With REV Doubling

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 306Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  1:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in pocket change. What struck me at first was a slight thickening of the lettering on the reverse, especially in USA. Upon further examination there are separation lines and notching on the bottoms of the letters in UNITED and AMERICA.
There's only one listing for a 1975 LMC DDR--it's by Wexler as WDDR-001, and this is not it. So....possible new DDR? MD?
Thanks in advance for weighing in.
I edited the post with an additional photo of the reverse--it shows separation and notching on the bottoms of the letters in OF.

uploaded/mb560600/20211028_1975-LMC-with-REV-doubling--REV-UNI-3-ccfopt.jpg[/img>

Edited by mb560600
10/28/2021 2:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this is a new DDR, I think it would be a Class 2 spread towards the center. Hope to get some comments from the Coin Community, either positive or negative....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1003 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can send it in for attribution but do not feel there is any hub doubling here. If there is, I would think it too little to list. I know what it is to look too hard for something sometimes and I think that is what is happening here.
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
10/28/2021 9:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just not seeing any doubling where your arrows are pointing towards.

There's some contact marks on the letters but I'm not sure that's what you're seeing as doubling.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4268 Posts
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks makecents and Tanman2001. Makecents, I know that this is not a WOW! discovery by any means. But, I see more doubling on the reverse of this coin than I do on that listed as 1975 WDDR-001 by Wexler. IMHO, the reverse photos of this coin clearly show separation lines and notching on the lower letters in USA. The coin is not in such bad shape as to conclude that all of the consistent notching and separation lines are contact marks.
Thanks for taking a look---I am glad to here pros and cons from others as to whether this may be a new DDR.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dearborn. Based upon your comment, I gather that you do see doubling.
For clarification, the lighting was filtered. I took photos from multiple angles with the same filtered lighting, and found the same doubling on the USA lettering which was posted.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My error, Dearborn, I reread your post and acknowledge you stated you did not see doubling. I am surprised, however--there are clear separation lines and notching on these photos of this coin that are not the result of reflective lighting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see no doubling either.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for weighing in, Dearborn and Oldfordman. Can you, and others, at least confirm whether you see any notching and/or separation lines on the lower USA letters I have pointed to on this coin? I am just looking for some helpful information. If not DDR, what are the unusual notching and separation lines displayed on these devices?
Thanks!
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too am not seeing any reliable signs of notching or separation on your coin. A notch and/or separation is very apparent on Copper Lincolns. I'm just not seeing anything at all that would be considered hub doubling.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, thanks for weighing in, Bumpkin. I am not sure it is DDR, you may be correct. But IMHO, there is unusual notching along with separation lines evident on the reverse lower lettering of this coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1003 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Makecents, I know that this is not a WOW! discovery by any means. But, I see more doubling on the reverse of this coin than I do on that listed as 1975 WDDR-001 by Wexler.
I am all about the non "WOW" double dies and understand your plight, most here do not. They like the, in your face, varieties and I will admit, I do too. I found myself at one point, picking things apart so hard, trying to find something, it took away the joy of what I first saw in this endeavor. I had folks that were much more knowledgeable and learned than me, telling me the same thing I'm telling you and finally decided I needed to step back and realize what I was doing.
You will find some, maybe like this one, that you just need to put back for yourself and that's ok. I still do.
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your supportive comments, makecents. I totally understand what you are saying. When I see something on a coin that is unusual or possibly noteworthy, and it looks like it may be a DDO or DDR---such as on this coin-- I post it in the hopes of getting helpful information. That what the Coin Community is here for, right?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54651 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the stronger ones are the more valuable ones. The minors may get listed, but the demand for them, are a lot less.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your response, Coop. Do you see evidence of doubling that may be a "minor" DDR?
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: