Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Variety Vista DDO's & DDR's Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 277Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
125 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  6:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure but hopefully this is the right forum. I've been using VV's lists and am wondering if this is a complete list of all coins? I've been using it to go through coins I have (quarters right now) and am hoping I'm not putting up coins I should be looking at. Can y'all give me an idea if this is smart or not? Or where to go for an up to date list? Thx for your expertise once again.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42726 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always use all three sites when looking up coins.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What 3 John1? I know VV.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5275 Posts
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if I can jump in here since I am a newbie but I second Bestjets question? Is there one place or one comprehensive list for all error coins by year, mint mark and denomination...jumping from one site to another is very time consuming and very hard to keep track of which coin has already been looked at for each particular site etc. Do any of the books do this? For instance it would be nice for a particular year quarter to have every error found so far for that year and mint mark. Having to go to one site for double dies and another for cuds and another for Re-punched Mint Marks is extremely time consuming...Maybe this is where the men get separated from the proverbial boys in this hobby...
Valued Member
Canada
181 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@The Detectorist. Not sure if this will help you. I was doing the flip back and forth between site. (and still do actually). What I think is the best thing to do is learn how to recognize errors and varieties. You're looking through your coins and go "hey rpm or DDO or DDR". Put it to the side then figure out what you have instead of looking at each coin and comparing to every site. It it interests you you will start to remember things to look for. JMHO
Edited by Fefimo
11/11/2021 10:20 pm
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Fefimo, good advice ty. And Dearborn ty also. Have been reading we lees Machine Doubling, abrasion, and DDD. Very interesting. Detectorist, check out the sites he put up. Explains a lot. But I'm not so sure there a site that has them all by coin. And yes the men from the boys with the help of the community. Thank god for them. And coop. What a wealth of information.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42726 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The three main sites in my bookmarks :http://www.coppercoins.com/advsearch.php
http://varietyvista.com/
http://doubleddie.com/
And yes,you need to learn "what" to look for before you start searching.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8140 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is something else to ponder... occasionally, very occasionally new examples are found, and you don't have to be a seasoned vet to make a new discovery. If you believe you have a doubled die and cannot find it on one of the three sites referred to in this thread, present it here to us in Modern Errors and we'll take a look for you. We have had members here make new discoveries all the time, so maybe you found one that has been discovered but just not listed yet, or it could be a whole new discovery! Just remember that not all coins are error coins, and error coins are rare. But someone has to make discoveries if they happen, and it just could be YOU! Happy hunting!
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 277Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: