Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Morgan And Peace Dollars!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,467Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
4622 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  1:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
All,

Several of us recently got a survey request from the US Mint, in the survey they mentioned 6 coins:

Morgan S Proof
Peace S Proof
Peace Uncirculated (no mint mark)
Morgan Uncirculated (no mint mark)
Set of Morgan and Peace Reverse Proof S

The prices are $85 for Proof, $80 for Uncirculated and $195 for the Reverse Proof set.

So (if all are actually minted) which ones are you planning on getting?

Poll Choices
  Morgan S Proof - $85
  Peace S Proof - $85
  Peace Uncirculated - $80
  Morgan Uncirculated - $80
  Morgan and Peace Reverse Proof S - $195
  I'm getting just the Uncirculated
  I'm getting the special finishes (Proof and Reverse Proof)
  I'm getting all the Morgan's
  I'm getting all the Peace
  I'm getting the Proofs
  I'm getting everything!
  For the cranky (None of the Above)

Edited by hfjacinto
11/21/2021 7:37 pm
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just because it was in a survey doesn't it mean it will appear in 2022.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4622 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just because it was in a survey doesn't it mean it will appear in 2022.

This isn't a double blind, scientific study. Its just if these coins are available which ones would you get? Enjoy the post for what it is.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5430 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3722 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What happened to None of the above
Pillar of the Community
United States
4622 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What happened to None of the above

Ok cranky its been added.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2064 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Said everything. Three caveats - I will ATTEMPT to get everything. The way things went this year I expect a good chance of missing something. Second, if the uncirculated versions look like the '21s, I will pass. I hope they try to get closer to the original skin on these. Third - I'm not sure how the RPs will look. There is a possibility that they won't be very attractive on these designs. If they are odd-looking to me I will pass.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rick-99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in on everything. Can't wait, looking forward to any and all of the Morgan's and Peace dollars the Mint puts out.
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps one of each kind, so (Morgan+Peace) x (proof+reverse), but I am not into collecting from each mint (or years), I chose one mint and called it good. Unfortunately, the five 2021 Morgans were of 3 types, mint mark + privy + unmarked, so I bought 3 uncirculated when really I only wanted one, I probably shouldn't have done that. If they do that with the proof and reverse, I'm going to be more selective and choose only 1 of each, as I don't plan to turn into a full blown Morgan/Peace collector. However, I now have Morgan and Peace coins, so I am not entirely sure I will pursue more. Lawd help us if the future proofs (and packaging) are of the same quality of the uncircs that went out this year.

edit: I have no problem for them to make more uncirc Morgan/Peace for people that missed out, or people that want to collect more, etc.
Edited by Corbe
11/21/2021 3:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sounds like the proofs are for sure.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42835 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going by all the posts about such low quality on the 2021's,I would be surprised if "anyone" buys them from the mint. You would be better off buying them slabbed from a TPG,and even then I foresee problems.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also got the survey, I would definitely try to order these..

But I made it clear that it does not matter what they offer.

They really need to fix the horrible ordering system.

Most people do not usually don't have time to do the order over & over again until it works...

Or Not, then give up...

Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
21 was good to me, lucky to get them all, hoping 22 will be the same to get them all.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rick-99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still waiting for 2 of the Morgan's from this year. Lost in that black shipping hole. I hope they get there act together next year.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5430 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So am I, still waiting on my 'O' and 'CC' coins. ZERO movement since the mint gave me a tracking number. I'm not even sure that the USPS has my coins or not.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42835 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will the mint be using the vintage presses and process in 2022 like they did it 2021? Maybe that is part of the reason for the subpar coins?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
11/21/2021 7:02 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,467Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: