Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Very Odd Coin Book Mystery, What Would You Do?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 819Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
331 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  09:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All.

I have this really weird thing going on. Our daughter came in the other day and while she was there I wanted to show her the 2009 Lincoln cents. So I go to the shelf where I keep my coin books and that book is missing!

I keep all the coin books together and they only move all together when I am going though and comparing existing with new and then I put them all back. Only that one is missing.

My husband and daughter keep saying "it has to be here' but I have looked everywhere. My sister thinks someone has taken it for Christmas present purposes but that makes no sense as they do not need the coins for a present.

I am freaked out and feel like I am being gaslighted.

What would you do?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62707 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How old is your daughter? Does she have friends who visit your home?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Our daughter is 28. She came and left the same day. No one else has been to the house (as far as I know). I only left Wed night to go to work and I know I had it on Tuesday for sure.
Edited by Cons
11/22/2021 10:58 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5881 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poltergeist, perhaps.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is driving me crazy...not the value but the time spent! And just the one book! Makes no sense, what-so-ever!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bet it's the same little creatures who are always stealing my 1 sock out of my pairs.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10083 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could try a Prayer to St. Anthony for lost items
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, I will pray to St Anthony TNG, couldn't hurt!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha Wrekkdd-I have the same problem....anyone old enough to remember the stories about the Brownies and how they would cause mischief? I think I will blame it on them...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17236 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man, that sucks! Not as bad as for me though, I'm missing 3/4+ of a roll of mint state 1970-S small dates!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What!! BadThad that is much more painful than my missing coin problem! I hope you find them :)
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm missing 3/4+ of a roll of mint state 1970-S small dates!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4074 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of us eccentrics do this on a regular basis , you are by far not the first .
The book will probably show up in your tool box , next to your gardening stuff,
In the couch , stuffed under the mattress, or who knows where else .
Options include buying a new copy of the book , installing video surveillance
turning it over to the FBI !!
There goes two more minutes
Edited by Pacificoin
11/22/2021 3:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 819Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: