Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Shield Cent Cud

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 530Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
79 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's a small beautiful cud. As listed on cudsoncoins as CU-1c-2015-01R
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54570 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And are taller than the rim as void would be deeper than the rim gutter if it were a cud.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coop
@dearborn

It's a cud. Very reputable people run this site and examine the coin very close it would not have been listed if it wasn't a cud.

Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks oldfordman
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62707 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks like a die chip to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2517 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yup looks like a die chip...

maybe the site needs to take another look at this one
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die crack with die chip,IMHO.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and also second guessing. It got me thinking I decided to look at it more. Excitement in the hobby can play with you brain.
Now I took a second pic of my coin I posted here it is attached to the rim. I know that cuds "flow over" the rim and make it look like one as pictured in the grey (black and white pic you'll see second). So my coin is the early dies state of the cud just starting connected to the rim and getting bigger. Any opinions
My coin below from original post;

Separate coin with a clear cud
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also once the blob of metal appears on the surface of the coin that's connected to the rim indicates a break has occurred on the surface of the die. No matter how large or small, as long as it's connected to the rim it's a cud.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2517 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gorham_collector

home page from CUDS-ON-COINS ...

Quote:
a cud is a marginal die break; an error produced when a piece breaks off the edge of a die and involves the rim and at least a little bit of the adjacent field of design.

i dont see a piece breaking off the edge... other wise all those lincoin cents with the die breaks from the bottom right or left of the memorial (including spike heads) would be classified as cuds and not die cracks

Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are so positive that this IS a cud, Instead of throwing names around without any backing, Why not invite Mike Diamond to step in and give us his personal evaluation of it. After all he is a regular on this show here.
I do not Think it is a cud., I think it is a die chip with an associated crack. (future cud.)
Edited by Dearborn
11/23/2021 06:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@dearborn

I've posted in a Facebook mike is in
So this is a stage of the cud known just not sure if this coin is considered a cud yet even if the blob of metal is in can't with the rim as metal
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 530Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: