Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021-D Crossing The Delaware Doubled Ear?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 311Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
132 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm wondering If there is notching in the ribbon, the T in trust and if this is correct for ear doubling. The reverse has what appear to more notching around the letters in Crossing the Delaware. Is this the real thing?

Bottom of second ear can be seen from full obverse photo

reverse photos of some of the notching in Crossing the Deleware.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41859 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going to need to put a filter on your light source,too much glare.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back or front of coin and where same spots?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62680 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too much glare. DDD evident.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4036 Posts
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to get more in the morning after work but here is his hand on the reverse with what looks like doubling around fingertips and the hand gaurd of sword. And hopefully a better ear pic

Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so maybe I got a to little excited on the size of and seen the hair thing wrong however is it a little ear lobe?
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple of the front with completely different lighting if more images of the obverse are needed let me know I'm waiting on my camera battery to charge before I can get better reverse photos. So is the obverse doubled?

Edited by Decaf94drew
11/25/2021 6:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I think what the problem is my lighting was definitely all crazy at first, it's just hard it got pulled straight from a new roll and photo'd immediately, however it's pretty obvious that ear has something not right. The photo labeled 2 shows a clear interruption of the ears normal shape.

For the reverse felt photo of hand was good enough to show the central design doubling. The notching is still all there if you follow the faint shapes in the shadows. I would like to also I think his hat is doubled if you look at the notching and the bubble shape following the top.

Please your opinions are actually helpful even when I get told it's something else at least I get to learn what it is and have fun at the same time. Also happy turkey day everyone!
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's my reflection and harsh lighting I think my bad
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41859 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No more photos please. Let's wait for more members to chime in.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1790 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell. I've been looking at these quarters for a new error as well no luck yet but I have seen a couple of impropriety annealed coins posted.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54566 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Machine Doubling to me. The only areas that should be affected is the date and the motto. All the affected areas are showing the outside edges of the devices being affected. (where Machine Doubling is found) Even on the ear, the metal is pushed aside. No images of the motto area?

I'm guessing when we see images of the motto area of this coin, it will look like the MD on the left image above?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you say motto area do you mean over by the mint mark on this design I'm confused by that
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54566 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct. (4 word motto) E-P-U was the motto at one time, but the IN GOD WE TRUST that is now considered the motto.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's photos of the mint mark. From what I can see in person the area the arrows are pointing to are raised

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 311Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: