Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Beautiful 1959-P Lincoln Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 413Next Topic  
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  10:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MadDawgMaverick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just curious of what y'all think. The mark under E in states on the reverse is actually just a die polishing mark, the way the light hits it makes it look like a scratch.

I can take a "360 view" if anyone really wants to see it.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16534 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not too shabby 63+/64RD .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
6796 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice example. Excellent photos also.

MS64+ works for me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64439 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-64RD. The flecking holds it back a bit.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10217 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent images!! What is your set up?
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5867 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in at MS64
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MadDawgMaverick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave700x, the setup isn't anything too fancy. Nikon d3300 with a 120mm Schneider Makro-Symmar HM on extension. Lights are two Alien Bees strobes with soft boxes. Using either Roscolux #06 or #07 as a filter on the soft boxes - I dont remember. It is just enough of a tint to mimic a nice white incandescent bulb. Focusing using a Newport GTS70 motorized stage mounted in the Z axis. Overkill for full coin photos but I can match just about any style of picture taken at PCGS, while allowing me to easily switch to high magnification.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7969 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll bite. Let's see the 360 degree view.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MadDawgMaverick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I am unable to process either an obverse or reverse 360 view gif down small enough to be within the 300kb limit. Not sure what else to do or what file sharing sites even upload gif (that would be allowed here.) Here are just a few different angles of lighting instead.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17511 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!

64RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oheyitsmikeb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed the memorial looks wavy and scrunched like . I have a 1959D that has the exact same thing going on . Any idea what this may be or what might of caused it .. also is it considered an error ? Common ?
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 413Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: