Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sent A Curt Message To Ebay Customer Service Today, Rather Curious As To What The Response Will Be.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 710Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
559 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  12:55 pm Show Profile   Check casualcoincollector's eBay Listings Check casualcoincollector's eCrater Listings Bookmark this topic Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is the situation. eBay customer service sent me a message this morning saying that they pulled one of my listings since they claim that it violated one of of their polices and the problem is that it definitely doesn't. So I sent them a curt response (below). Anyone else had to deal with these issues lately? Please let me know your thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

"Hello, I got an email from eBay customer service today in regards to the item "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" saying that it was in violation, stating: "We had to remove your listing because it didn't follow our Replica coins and currency policy. Replica currency that follows our rules can be listed on eBay, but replica coins and counterfeit currency are not allowed." And I can't even see in the slightest why this listing violated any part of that policy. Please explain why it does, if it does? This listing was for a rare mint error still in original government packaging. Coin mint errors are not altered items they are mistakes produced during original production. As a result of eBay mistakenly pulling this listing I would have to make a special visit to my safety deposit box to grab the item to take new photos of it in order to relist it. Which is just a huge hassle for me. So, I'm probably not going to be relisting this item any time soon. What has happened to eBay as a company? This is once again an instance that shows that eBay has little to no regard for sellers these days. eBay has made it infinitely harder to get a hold of an actual customer service representative as of late, thus I am writing this message. I have been selling on eBay for over a decade and I have had significantly more unpaid buyers as of late than I have ever had before and eBay seems to have no interest or regards to do anything to try to deter or even curb that kind of behavior from buyers. I am really not impressed with eBay as a company as of late and it only seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Please let me know your thoughts on the matters at hand. Thanks. Regards, XXXXX"
Edited by casualcoincollector
12/20/2021 12:50 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21802 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What exactly is it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3870 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess would be that no human ever looked at your listing and decided to pull it. The fault lies with the well meaning but sometimes stupid computer algorithm. It is possible your message will also be reviewed by a computer. Maybe that computer could speak with the other computer about its mistake.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21802 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really need to see what it is to help. A picture would be nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
559 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Check casualcoincollector's eBay Listings Check casualcoincollector's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bobby131313

It is this one:
http://goccf.com/t/330790
12/19/2021 1:23 pm
Valued Member
Australia
311 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Customer Service? Didn't think it existed anymore.
Learn More...
Australia
14270 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing one of two things might have occurred:
- Something in your item description triggered eBay's hunter-killer bots.
- Somebody looked at your listing, decided it wasn't a real mint error, and reported it. The bots did the rest.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
559 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2021  12:34 am  Show Profile   Check casualcoincollector's eBay Listings Check casualcoincollector's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, below is the response that I received from eBay customer service and in my opinion this is pretty much absolute total BS... but this seems to be what eBay has devolved into as a company these days... Does anyone here honestly think that this set could be fake? If so, why/how so? eBay customer service also had the gall to send me one of those "how did we do" surveys after sending me this as well... I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

"Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern. My name is XXXXXX and I'll assist you further with this.

I've gone through your contact note and can see that you are concerned about removal of the listing. I have gone through your listing and would like to share that the recent removal wasn't at all intended to question your honesty in any manner.

XXXXX, I've gone through the removed listing. I understand you have listed the item in good faith; however, we review a listing thoroughly from all aspects before taking action on it.

Our specialized team has once again reviewed your listing thoroughly and can see that the item showed many minute details which indicated that the item has authenticity issues and the details are generally not found on the genuine items.

We work with manufacturing and grading companies and they have shared their manufacturing guidelines with us and our team reviews the listing 24*7 and after thoroughly going through the listing, they take action on the listing. Our team has many year of experience to work with the grading companies. I'd also like to share that the source which generates suspicious items put in lot of efforts in imitating the details however they often miss out on some minute features due to production cost and high quality materials brand owner use. We are able to differentiate those due to guidelines coming directly from various sources like Law enforcement agencies, brand owners etc. As the items are mixed up at high levels, sometimes even the official channels are unable to differentiate the questionable items from the legitimate ones.

XXXXX, in this case, I suggest you to get in touch with there respective manufacturer's or grading company and authenticate your coin for your own satisfaction. I really apologies for all the inconvenience you face due to this removal.

I'm positive that this information will be helpful for you. Thanks for approaching us and allowing me an opportunity to assist you with this concern. We would highly appreciate your understanding and cooperation towards our suggestions.

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXXXX.

eBay Trust & Safety"
12/20/2021 01:19 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 710Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: