Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Blank Obverse Penny DD Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 329Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  5:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jearnold to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found a penny with un known date because obverse is blank, and the reverse is DD crisscrossed. has anyone came across any of these?
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13282 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF
Please show a clear photo of both sides of the complete coin.
Hard to tell anything from a partial photo.
I don't even now what I am looking at.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64437 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me neither!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6796 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eager to see full, large and sharp images.
Learn More...
United States
22044 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2022  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics will definitely help us figure it out, but my money is on a vise job.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5446 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42851 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1488 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2022  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I analyze your photo how it is. Better photos is required, and also both side full. What you show at 500x it is not right. Could be something, but please, post or try the best us to have good photos.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jearnold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I came across a penny I dont know the date as the obverse is blank and the reverse is DD crisscrossed. does any one else have one and what are your thoughts on this
Pillar of the Community
United States
1147 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to a great place to learn as much as you want to about coins!
We are a very visual crowd here, so you can check out the large yellow tab above the posting area here on how to post pictures, etc.

It sounds like you have a post minting alteration to a cent, it could be a counterstamp, a love piece, or just plain other damage, but no real way of telling without pictures
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13282 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jearnold
Please only one post per coin. It gets confusing when you have more than one post on the same subject.
You posted this earlier and you were told that we need a complete photo of both sides to help you.
Things haven't changed, we still need good photos.
Edited by JimmyD
01/13/2022 07:27 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5446 Posts
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please only one post per coin. It gets confusing when you have more than one post on the same subject.
Topics merged.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 329Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: