Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1990 LMC No S Proof?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 174Next Topic  
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SweetCaroline to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Could this possibly be a no "s" proof penny? The one in question is the penny in the middle. It also is missing the "I" in Liberty and the "IN" In the Motto

Pillar of the Community
United States
8166 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SweetCaroline, the coin you're showing us is not a proof cent, it is a regular business-strike coin. Plus you say it's missing letters that can clearly be seen. Part of the con fusion is I believe you're showing us more than one coin, yes? There are no proof coins in the whole lot.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1381 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Caroline, you lost me to put together the coins. Why you will not post one coin at time?, better to analyze. For that year the proof has S mint mark and frozen. I see a MS nice with some carbon issues. The missing I and very light 0 is your first issue. So please show us best nice photos of this coin first. Then you show the others with your concerns. Thanks.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SweetCaroline to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry. I will post separate photos of each coin next time. I'm new to posting. So what makes sense might not make sense to others.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1381 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not worry, The coins are like the humans: 3 humans near each other are not same, the coins are same thing. For you make sense because you has in front of you, but not us. If make sense to others is not important, the result of the sense we see is the answer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None of those even remotely resemble a proof. Missing letters alone would be a huge red flag, as proofs are well struck with sharp details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1105 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The odds of finding a no-S 1990 proof Lincoln in the wild is so astronomically rare, as to be pointless to look for them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55418 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Less than 3K of them struck with that die. You coin is a business strike coin and nearly 5 billion of these were struck. (actual number: 4,922,894,533) These are common in change. The proof coins are a totally different ball game:

Note the differences in the strikes? The mirrored devices show the real deal.

CoopHome: Why is my 1990 with no 'S' on it not the rare one?

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/15/2022 2:13 pm
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep.
Both are not proof strike.
Time makes differences in coins and people.
Exteriors change with wear and environmental exposure.
I'm now have brown spots, but had none at twenty.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 174Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: