Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ten Days Of Your Favorite Coins

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,837Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
United States
6445 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  3:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've done this over the years and had good responses from our members. Beginning Saturday January 22 and going on for ten consecutive days you can post one coin a day that is a favorite of yours. It could be rare, maybe a keepsake from the family, or a good find. Just one coin a day over the spectrum of coins out there.

So starting Saturday January 22, post a favorite coin from your collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2235 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like fun! I need to take a few pics...
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I narrow it down to ten Ikes?

Okay, I will try to be more diverse.
Valued Member
Canada
288 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I participated in this event in the past and it was good fun.
It 'forced' me to go through some albums and put my finger on only ten pieces. I'll go through that old post and see if I still feel the same way now; probably will about some but may throw some new favourites in the mix.
I'll be participating again for sure!
Thanks for bringing this thread back to a new life, it's one I really like.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6445 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck, can you help me post a link to prior 10 days of your favorites for reference to the group?
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe this is the most recent edition...

(Twelve days instead of ten)

http://goccf.com/t/343859
Learn More...
United States
23268 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should be fun. One of my faves just arrived earlier this month so I'll need to post it!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add janniesophia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou so much @jbuck for sharing this.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20568 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ janniesophia
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
6445 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Starting tomorrow January 22 and going for 10 days posting ten favorite coins, let's have fun and let's see your favorites.
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3845 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it's Saturday 22nd downunder already.

So my first favourite coin is one my Father gave me. He found this in a brook near his home, when he was a boy.
Nothing special value wise, but heaps of sentimental value.
1806 George III penny.

View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3833 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will bite.

Coin 1 - Day One, got to run with a classic and elegant design!

NZ Centennial Halfcrown from 1940, a very beautiful and one off design showing a Maori woman in traditional dress linking the old with the (then) new.

So much detail in one coin!

Hope you excuse the lack of Tails for this one.

Meanwhile, rest of you besides Steve, less waffle more coins!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2235 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no way I can assign a ranking for the ten coins I'll post, so I'll just start with some photos that I've uploaded in the past.

This coin has to be one of my favorites even though I no longer have it - an accidental cherry pick that netted a nice payday thanks to info obtained from my friends at CCF.

1879-S Morgan, rev of '78, VAM-56.

"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7528 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bump111: Nice one! A fortunate find!

@Princetane: That's one of my favorites as well! Nice coin!

For my first contribution - my first commemorative coin!

The 1925 Stone Mountain Memorial half dollar is the first commemorative coin I purchased on my journey to my present collection - it grades a Choice AU. I picked up the special Capital Plastics holder a few years back, and keep the coin in it for safe keeping.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/22/2022 09:17 am
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,837Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: