Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 S LWC. Help With MM Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 429Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
176 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  4:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add examiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found yesterday coin roll hunting.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8803 Posts
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add examiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Dearborn. There only 2 rpms listed, and no markers to help verify.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seem to be normal S position #3 and I do not see RPM. Consider the state of the coin of fair average.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68705 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice CRH find!
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add examiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you silviosi, Coinfrog.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57994 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But note the area in the upper loop. It looks like a legit mintmark:

But this might be a damaged punch issue. (Not a RPM) (A new thought on a damaged punch issue?)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, agree with you. Damage punch?, could be. How many time they punches before?, god know. Like the die the punch come to the end.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8690 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see only circulation flattening. Not a rpm.
ça va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57994 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They must have used this punch before this year. I'll have to check out the 1908-S cents to see if it is/is not showing the same damage on the mintmark punch damage on them. (Always looking for connecting events) I try not to limit my thinking not to just inside the box, but what else could of happened?)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
01/20/2022 12:31 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cleaver and wise thinking. I never think this, WOW. Chapeau.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3808 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are the mintmark positions for the 1909-S the same as the mintmark positions for the S-VDB?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The answer it is yes. the VDB was 1/3 less then normal
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57994 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1909-S VDB positions are for the VDB ones. The 1909-S There were probably a lot more locations for the mintmarks on them. (without the VDB)

Here is the results of the 1908/1909-'S' mintmarks:

It looks like the same style mintmark as the Lincoln cents, but I see no damage on the examples from PCGS.
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
United States
3808 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The S mintmark on the 1909-S IHC is about twice the size of that on the Lincoln cent, so it's doubtful that the punches are related in any way.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 429Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: