Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have A 1955 Penny That Seems To Be With Error

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 800Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  9:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vchafin72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am totally new to this coin life. Can someone help me gain insight to "mint error" or "post mint damage" t
Thank you so very much in advance!
Edited by Vchafin72
01/19/2022 9:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67910 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like post-mint damage in these pics. Please show us larger, full-size images of both sides.

to the CCFF
Edited by Coinfrog
01/19/2022 10:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1532 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We you to this awesome place and it is ok to be totally new! This 1955 Denver minted cent is unfortunately suffering from lots of post mint damage, and what we would call a 'parking lot coin' meaning it spent some quality time getting about, to what we see today.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1107 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vchafin72

Looks like it could be a case of Zinc rot!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1540 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  01:43 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like it could be a case of Zinc rot!

Except there is no zinc in this coin.

Vchafin72, this is just a damaged coin. Educate yourself on how coins are made, and how mint errors are produced. That way it will be easier to spot genuine errors without question.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1107 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Except there is no zinc in this coin

I guess I should've looked closer at the date!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44731 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. You have a coin that is PMD not an error or variety.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7575 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8100 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post-strike damage of a virulent nature. Wonder what the reverse looks like?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57522 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin was altered. It is just a cull coin now. (but still a Wheat cent) It was not struck like that. Someone had their way this coin!
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/20/2022 5:58 pm
Learn More...
United States
112450 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beat up, chewed up post mint damaged cent. No mint error here, sorry. Please always post photos of the entire coin, both sides. Thanks.
ça va bien aller

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21803 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We don't need any more pictures. This cannot happen during the minting process so it can't be an error.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vchafin72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

For those who wanted more info, I hope this helps. Being new to this as I stated leaves room for "silly questions and uneducated posts, I am sure, but isn't that one of the reasons for this forum? So please excuse my ignorance and I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you!
Edited by Vchafin72
01/23/2022 9:58 pm
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vchafin72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn the penny weighs 3.1
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2345 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2022  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I will not quote your input, which do not help anyone. Your post just make us not to answer to those kind of coins show here.

Saying "uneducated posts" mean those who answer are uneducated and you are superior's to them?!!? Sorry telling this and from the point of view of psychiatrics science you show been more uneducated because you insult peoples which you never meet or know. No one was impolite or sally, this it is your perception and not more then this. All here answer polite, respecting you and with correct point regarding your coin.

I do not answer because when I see more and more this junk coins here I put in question how much time we have to spend with those coins who are promulgated by who know speculators on YouTube, Esty or other sites?. Is no interest for the community, the real one not for lottery ticket.

You say to change the "room"? do 'it. Here it is not a room how on many chat sites says, here it is a focus collecting branch forum.

Good Luck.
Edited by silviosi
01/24/2022 03:59 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 800Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: